(AP) Just over $43 million in federal recovery funds has been made available to flood victims in southeastern Minnesota in the seven weeks since a presidential disaster was declared, according to federal officials.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency said Winona County continues to be the county leading the way in federal assistance. The county has received more than $6.6 million.
Fillmore County has received almost $6.3 million, Olmsted County has received just over $1.9 million and Houston County has been given $1.8 million.
FEMA said that as of Wednesday, 4,800 people in the seven-county area had registered for individual assistance and $1.5 million in assistance for housing and other needs had been distributed.
Business and economic injury loans totaling $25.5 million have also been approved.
The deadline to register for individual assistance is Oct. 22.