Commission co-chairs Tom Heffelfinger and Andy Luger named the commission members in a letter Monday to St. Paul city officials.
The commission members are:
- Barry Feld, the Centennial Professor of Law at the University of Minnesota Law School. Feld has been a member of the law school faculty since 1972, specializing in criminal law and procedure and juvenile justice. He also has served as an assistant Hennepin County attorney.
- Robert Hernz, a retired police officer with over 30 years of law enforcement experience. Hernz was the Golden Valley police chief from May 2002 through January 2007, and is currently the general manager for Law Enforcement Technology Group, a software development firm.
- Mary Ann Vukelich, a private investigator with WayPoint Inc. and a faculty member at St. Thomas University. Vukelich has held various positions in law enforcement including intelligence coordinator for the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
- George Latimer, the mayor of Saint Paul from 1976 until 1990 and a former dean of Hamline University School of Law. Latimer also served as special adviser to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development, and from 1996-1998 he was the CEO of the National Equity Fund.
- Linda White, a lifetime St. Paul resident and director of finance and operations at the Hallie Q. Brown Community Center. White previously worked at the Minnesota Community Business Center for Fannie Mae, the Planning and Economic Development Department for the city of St. Paul, and at the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights.
Heffelfinger has said the commission would not investigate allegations of police misconduct.
More than 800 people were arrested during the convention.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)