Listen Automatic bloodpressure cuff
Listen Wii Fit
Listen A sled
Listen NEED magazine
Listen Hallberg wants an iPod Touch
Listen A pedometer
Our medical analyst Dr. Jon Hallberg sat down with Tom Crann and decided not to talk about the latest research or journal findings. Instead, they looked at what gifts Hallberg wished his patients were giving each other.
Dr. Jon Hallberg's gift recommendations (click on the audio links to hear Dr. Jon Hallberg explain each gift):
- Pedometer -- studies show these simple devices help people lose weight and lower blood pressure. Shoot for 10,000 steps a day.
- Automatic blood pressure cuff -- American Heart Association guidelines recommend that people who have high blood pressure should measure their BP twice a day at home, where they're relaxed and can get a good average. The AHA Web site lists the best cuffs.
- Wii Fit -- Entertainment Weekly's #1 video game of the year is also a smart, healthy game.
- Sled -- Simple pleasures, low cost, old-fashioned item. Embrace winter and get excercise.
- NEED Magazine -- Not out to save the world, but to tell the stories of those who are.
All Dr. Hallberg wants for Christmas is an iPod Touch.