The Minnesota Department of Health says swine flu cases in the state continue to decline. And for the first time in months no new deaths are being reported in Minnesota.
The department also said in its weekly update Wednesday that no schools or nursing homes have reported influenza or H1N1 outbreaks since last week. They also report that visits to clinics for flu-like symptoms remain low.
Since the outbreak began in Minnesota last spring, 55 people have died in Minnesota with confirmed cases of the H1N1 virus, and seven others have died from unconfirmed or unrelated flu infections.
More than 1,500 Minnesotans have been hospitalized with flu since Sept. 1.
Even though flu activity is down, officials are still advising people to get vaccinated if they haven't already because a third wave is possible.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)