A Rochester man who had been in a garage filled with carbon monoxide was in critical condition early this morning when rescue workers rushed him to the hospital.
Authorities found a snow blower running inside a detached garage. The man had collapsed inside the home and he was unconscious when rescue workers found him.
Rochester fire officials said lethal levels of carbon monoxide were in the garage -- a detector showed the level was so high it was off the instrument's scale.
A police officer who responded was able to shut off the snow blower without inhaling the exhaust fumes, authorities said. Firefighters then ventilated the garage with fresh air.
The man was recovering at St. Mary's Hospital in Rochester.