Classes have been cancelled at St. Louis Park Senior High School after a ventilation malfunction prompted concern about a buildup of chlorine vapor from the school's pool.
School officials said a generator failure Thursday evening caused a malfunction of the school's ventilation system, resulting in a buildup of chlorine vapor in the pool area. Two students were taken to a nearby hospital for observation and released to their parents a short time later.
In a statement on the district website, school officials said the chlorine issue has been resolved, but that they are still working on the ventilation problem.
Classes have been cancelled for the day for grades 9 through 12, although the rest of the district's schools are operating as usual and high school staff has been directed to report to work anyway. The district notified families with students at the high school by phone early this morning.
The high school is expected to reopen on Monday.