Minneapolis fire officials said Tuesday the cause of a blaze that killed two women last month was accidental.
The Minneapolis Arson Unit determined the fire originated in a first-floor bedroom and was most likely started by a lighted candle. Firefighters were dispatched to the house Dec. 12. Three people were rescued from the roof of a porch. Another resident had escaped the fire and was found at a neighbor's home.
Mary Frances, 78, and Shelley Bryant, 45, died in the fire.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)