A natural gas leak prompted the evacuation of five Edina homes Thursday.
The Edina Fire Department evacuated the homes near 5400 Kellogg Avenue after a natural gas leak was discovered, according to the city of Edina's website. The homes are located north and south of 54th Street between Minnehaha and Wooddale Avenues.
Crews traced the leak back to an underground telephone conduit. The city of Edina's website said the gas "does not appear to be entering homes" and that the fire department evacuated the homes as a precaution.
CenterPoint Energy is monitoring the homes every 15 minutes, the site said. A spokesperson for CenterPoint Energy did not immediately return calls for comment.