Parts of a St. Louis Park swimming school and adjoining Knollwood Mall were evacuated Sunday afternoon after a fog laced with bleach sickened several people.
John Foss, owner of the Foss Swim School, said about 50 parents, teachers and kids were in the pool room around 3 p.m. for youth swimming lessons.
He said a parent opened an outside door to let some fresh air in. About two cups of bleach had been spilled on the ground on the other side of the door.
"The zero degree air on the outside hit the 92 degree water and caused this dramatic fog all over the pool," Foss said.
Foss says about 11 swimmers between the ages of 3 and 10 began coughing.
The school put its emergency plan in action, evacuating and calling firefighters.
Foss said it's unclear whether anyone went to the hospital. But he believes all the students are fine.