Major road closures in the Twin Cities are expected to cause delays for motorists on Interstate 94 and Interstate 35E this weekend.
The closures begin Friday evening. All roads will reopen by 5 a.m. Monday.
In St. Paul, the closures include:
• Both directions of I-35E between 10th Street/Wacouta Avenue and 11th Street in St. Paul.
• Both directions of I-94 between 5th Street/10th Street and the ramp to 12th Street.
• The ramp from northbound Hwy 52 to westbound I-94.
• Eastbound I-94 and northbound I-35E will close at 10 p.m. Friday.
• Westbound I-94 and southbound I-35E will close at 8 p.m. Friday.
The St. Paul road closures will allow construction crews to continue work on the Central Corridor Light Rail Transit.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has advised motorists to use the following detours:
• Eastbound I-94: Northbound Hwy 280 to eastbound Hwy 36 to southbound I-35E to eastbound I-94.
• Westbound I-94: Northbound I-35E to westbound I-694 to westbound I-94.
• Northbound I-35E: Eastbound I-494 to northbound Hwy 61 to westbound I-94 to northbound I-35E.
• Southbound I-35E: Eastbound I-94 to southbound Hwy 61 to westbound I-494 to southbound I-35E.
In Minneapolis, the road closures include:
• Westbound I-94 between Hwy 280 and I-394, starting at 8 p.m. Friday, to allow crews to resurface the road as part of the I-94 improvement project.
• The ramp from 3rd Street to westbound I-94 near Target Field, starting at 10 p.m. Friday, as part of the ramp's bus shoulder rehabilitation project.
• Motorists on I-94 in Minneapolis will see detour signs to take northbound Hwy 280 to northbound I-35W to westbound I-694 to westbound I-94.
• Motorists on I-35W trying to access westbound I-94 will see detour signs to follow westbound Hwy 62, northbound Hwy 100, and eastbound I-394 to westbound I-94.
Complete road closure information is available on the Minnesota Department of Transportation website.