MADISON, Wis. (AP) -- Republican Gov. Scott Walker defeated Democratic Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett on Tuesday for the second time in year and a half, turning back a recall effort that began with the collection of more than 900,000 signatures seeking his ouster. It was only the third gubernatorial recall in U.S. history.
The Wisconsin Recall
• Walker survives recall, seeks unity
• Today's Question: What's the lesson here?
• In La Crosse County, Walker loses
• Wisconsin's recall election in context
• Wisconsin's recall election in photos