Among the proposals in Gov. Mark Dayton's budget plan are of number of changes to the state's local government aid formula and local governments' collection of property tax.
The governor is proposing a property tax rebate of up to $500 to all homeowners, and an increase of $80 million in local government aid to municipalities.
Gary Carlson with the League of Minnesota Cities joined All Things Considered's Tom Crann to talk about the proposal.
MORE BUDGET COVERAGE
• Story: Dayton's budget plan includes higher taxes, spending
• Details: Sales tax changes
• Highlights: Dayton's budget proposal
• Link: Read the entire budget
• Live Blog: Revisit live coverage