State health officials say at least 25 people have become sick from salmonella found in a Mexican-style cheese made with raw milk.
According to state health officials, most but not all the cases were confirmed to be the same strain of salmonella. At least 15 people were hospitalized. All have recovered.
The sicknesses occurred between March 28 and April 24.
Investigators say in many of the cases the people who got sick ate queso fresco they purchased from an individual who made the product at a private home. The same individual made home deliveries and may also have sold the cheese near East Lake Street in Minneapolis.
Minnesota law allows people to purchase raw milk for their own consumption, but they can't sell it.