FARGO, N.D. (AP) -- A group tailgating outside the Fargodome before the University of South Dakota-North Dakota State football game received a scare when a propane stove exploded inside their recreational vehicle.
Bison fan Jeff Brink, of Davenport, tells The Forum newspaper (http://bit.ly/I8kNfT) he went inside the RV to stir a pot of chili Saturday morning when he saw blue flames shoot down from the stove's burner that "looked like they were in mid-air."
Brink was heading for a quick exit when he heard a "whoosh" and the "door kind of opened itself."
The explosion caused damage to the seams of the RV. There were no injuries.
Brink says his eyelashes were singed but he and other members of his party were fine. He added, "The chili's fine, too."