A Roman Catholic church official is due in court Monday for the first time since his conviction in the priest sex-abuse scandal was reversed.
Monsignor William Lynn is not quite a free man. He must remain under electronic monitoring while prosecutors try to restore the conviction.
Lynn served 18 months in prison for felony child-endangerment. He was the first U.S. church official ever convicted over his handling of abuse complaints.
Lynn says he tried to protect children as secretary for clergy in Philadelphia from 1992 to 2004, but prosecutors say he sought only to protect the church.
The 63-year-old Lynn will appear in court to review terms of his release from prison last week.
A judge says he must live in Philadelphia and report weekly to probation.