When I was growing up - and to be honest, today - my favorite question was, “Why?” I need to understand what's happening in the world around me so that I can share it with a friend. As an associate producer for MPR News with Kerri Miller, I get to do that every single day. We bring diverse viewpoints and listeners together for powerful conversations about national issues and culture. Nothing is off the table. When I'm not searching for ideas, reading everything I can find, researching the news or finding guests, I'm one of the people taking your calls (Hi!) and writing about the show for MPRnews.org. I'd love to chat with you about what's on your mind, what you want to learn and talk about on the show, and what you're reading. Tweet me @bschossow or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Coming up: Can anyone fix what ails the United States?
- Minnesota health officials talk about ongoing response to coronavirus
- What we know now about COVID-19 infection, mortality rates
- Coronavirus facts and debunking myths
- Astrophysicist Mario Livio weighs in on science denial then and now
- Infectious disease doctors on the pandemic's latest
- The power of music in protest
- Minnesota health officials discuss state's response to COVID-19
- Researchers discuss vaccine development, continued efforts on novel coronavirus
- Coming up: Researchers discuss vaccine development, continued efforts on novel coronavirus