Perry Finelli is a newscaster at MPR News. He has won Associated Press awards for newscasting, news reporting and sports reporting. Finelli joined Minnesota Public Radio in 1986 as an anchor/reporter for stations in central Minnesota. He moved to St. Paul's Minnesota Public Radio headquarters in 1989 as the afternoon newscaster. In between stints as a newscaster, he has hosted all of Minnesota Public Radio's call-in and news magazine programs. He has also served as reporter and editor. Before coming to Minnesota Public Radio, Finelli was a news/sports reporter and anchor at KIMT-TV in Mason City, Iowa. Finelli is from Princeton, Minn. He graduated from St. Cloud State University with degrees in Radio/TV Broadcasting and Political Science and currently serves on the Alumni Advisory Board.
- St. Paul closes ballfields after lead discovered in soils
- Monday Market report with Chris Farrell
- Favre still weighing whether to join Vikings
- Pawlenty calls Obama health plan 'false advertising'
- Arts should take on the challege of tough economy
- Budget cuts hit Anoka-Hennepin school district
- TCF bank CEO criticizes government's 'stress test'
- Winter storm complicating flood fight
- Polaris cuts another 460 jobs
- Cause of apartment fire still under investigation