The Minnesota Twins and Target Field's food service provider unveiled this season's specials Thursday. Rookies from previous seasons, from Walk-A-Tacos to Fulton beer, are returning, but a variety of new or changed items are being introduced.
"This year we've got three new and exciting items coming in," said Pete Spike, the general manager for Delaware North Companies' Minnesota Sportservice, which runs concessions at Target Field. "The first I would say is our relationship with Mac's Fish and Chips in St. Paul -- great notoriety for the freshness of their product. It's going to be a fresh battered walleye fillet, served with fries and a lemon wedge and choice of tartar sauce, if you wish."
The dish will cost $11.50 at the State Fair Classics stand in the stadium concourse.
The most daring dish comes courtesy of television foodie Andrew Zimmern, who is bringing some of his AZ Canteen food truck fare to the stadium. The featured item will be a Cabrito Butter Burger, with a mix of goat and lamb meat, and a side of chips, available for $13 from a cart near section 120. You can wash it down with a cup of purple hibiscus punch for another $4.50.
The Frankie V's concession will offer the third new feature this year: Panino's Baked Sandwiches, which are wraps with either chicken, celery, Swiss cheese and buffalo sauce, or spaghetti, meatballs and mozzarella cheese baked in. They go for $10.50 to $12.
Some of the other fare will include new menu items at Hrbek's Restaurant, near Gate 14, and at the Town Ball Tavern, in the left-field corner of the Club Concourse:
• Fish tacos: Corn tortillas filled with mahi-mahi, pico de gallo, guacamole and salsa fresca with corn torilla chips ($13)
• Meatloaf sandwich: Slice of meatloaf with fried onions, barbeque sauce ($11)
• Walleye on a spike: Walleye strips, breaded and skewered, bigger than last year ($14)
• Summer Fiesta Salad: Romaine and iceberg lettuce, adobo chicken, black beans, sweet corn, roma tomatoes, green onions, red and yellow peppers, fried tortilla strips and mango chili lime vinaigrette ($9)
• Ice cream sandwiches: Vanilla bean ice cream between triple chocolate chip cookies ($6)
Target Field has also replaced Klements sausage products with Sheboygan sausages, like bratwurst, cheddar bratwurst, Italian and Polish sausage in Halsey's Sausage Haus concessions. ($4.50). A concession stand has been upgraded near the Target Plaza and Gate 34 to feature Surly and Fulton beers on tap -- both fed from a central keg room.
Delaware North says that will help concessions pour craft beers faster than ever.