Festivals big and small highlight this weekend's events. One of the biggest is St. Paul's Grand Old Day, which celebrates its 40th year.
• Grand Old Day starts at 8 a.m. Sunday. The festival parade begins at 9:30 a.m., along Grand Avenue from Dale to Fairview in St. Paul. There are eight stages with local bands, an all-new home and garden district with home improvement ideas, a children's petting zoo, and hundreds of food vendors.
• Rhubarb Festival, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday in Lanesboro. Events include a Rhubarb Rant Speakers Corner for those who have things to say about rhubarb.
• Dam Days in Morristown - already underway and featuring a Twilight Parade Friday evening.
• Discover Aviation Days Saturday and Sunday at Anoka County Airport. The event features aspects of aviation, vintage planes, kids' activities, and a hangar dance.
• A performance of Hawaiian music starts at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Lake Harriet Bandshell in Minneapolis. The Lau Hawaiian Collective presents songs of the islands.