Congratulations, you made it to Friday. Here's the Digest to begin to end a busy week.
1. Pope Francis' speech at the U.S. Capitol Thursday is generally being reported as a political event. Was his lunch at a homeless shelter afterward any less political? (New York Times)
2. If you had never heard of some of the Americans the pope spoke about, here's a cheat sheet. (NPR)
3. A state lawmaker raises money for his nonprofit from corporations that his committee has jurisdiction over. (MPR News)
4. A blob of cold water in the north Atlantic could be a troubling sign of climate change. (Washington Post)
5. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio called Donald Trump a "very touchy and insecure guy." Let's see where this goes. (Politico)