Good Thursday morning! No shortage of news this short work week. Here’s the digest:
1. There was a fatal officer-involved shooting last night in Falcon Heights. The incident prompted a protest outside Gov. Mark Dayton’s residence. Dayton
has a previously scheduled news conference later this morning.
postponed a previously scheduled morning news conference on another topic. Stay tuned. (MPR News)
2. Minnesota is on a list of 17 states that presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump plans to target during the general election campaign (The Wall Street Journal).
3. Hillary Clinton, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, is scheduled to address the American Federation of Teachers convention in Minneapolis on July 18. That’s the first day of the Republican National Convention in Cleveland (MPR News).
4. Bernie Sanders still hasn’t endorsed Hillary Clinton. But there are signs that an endorsement could be coming soon (Politico).
5. The Clinton email story continues. House Republicans will question FBI Director James Comey today during a committee hearing (AP).