Annie Baxter is a reporter at Marketplace.
From 207 until 2015, she was a business reporter at MPR News, covering the economy, with a special focus on labor market and housing issues. She came to Minnesota Public Radio as a general assignment reporter in 2003, after reporting on the arts at Chicago Public Radio and interning on This American Life.
She's garnered more than a dozen awards, including the prestigious Edward R. Murrow Regional Award. She has an MA in Rhetoric from the Uiversity of California-Berkeley and an MA in Comparative Literature from SUNY Buffalo.
- Midwestern farmers are tied to a Gulf dead zone
- Target wants to know how you think about groceries
- Farmers feel thrown under the bus as Big Food changes
- What food companies learn from U of M chew-bot
- Bruce Dayton, Minnesota business icon and arts patron, dies at 97
- Food companies see growth opportunity in dollar stores
- Bakers feel a pinch even as bird flu fades
- What if ND oil boom goes bust?
- Retired doctor is determined to help Ebola-stricken Sierra Leone
- Ebola fears, 'jokes' sting Minnesota children with W. African roots