I am a one-trick pony. My entire career has been at MPR. The Operations Department hired me in 1981 when I had a full head of hair, a college degree whose ink was still drying, and great glee at getting to work with all those microphones, tape decks and mixing boards. A couple of years later, I moved to the News Department to exercise an interest in writing. After drafting or editing thousands of stories over 35 years, my interest has gotten a most excellent workout. Most of my own stories were business or health related. I’m now editing a team of reporters covering southeast Minn., the health care system, aging and housing.
- 15 confirmed or suspected cases of vaping lung damage in Minn.
- Mayo confirms early end to OB services in Albert Lea
- Need a job? Vacancies continue to outnumber job hunters
- Jobless rate suggests more Minnesotans are looking for better jobs
- Tame medical inflation expected to roar ahead in coming decade
- General Mills recalls 5-pound bags of Gold Medal unbleached flour
- What is the Mid-America Business Conditions Index?
- Corporate turnaround specialist gives Mayo Clinic $200 million
- 'A lot of money to be made': Officials say Medicare scammers are on the prowl
- Minnesota's depression treatment outcomes are, well, depressing