When I was growing up - and to be honest, today - my favorite question was, “Why?” I need to understand what's happening in the world around me so that I can share it with a friend. As an associate producer for MPR News with Kerri Miller, I get to do that every single day. We bring diverse viewpoints and listeners together for powerful conversations about national issues and culture. Nothing is off the table. When I'm not searching for ideas, reading everything I can find, researching the news or finding guests, I'm one of the people taking your calls (Hi!) and writing about the show for MPRnews.org. I'd love to chat with you about what's on your mind, what you want to learn and talk about on the show, and what you're reading. Tweet me @bschossow or email (email@example.com).
- What does it mean to be a woman in America today?
- What the pandemic has revealed about climate change views, activism
- Michael Osterholm on where we are now with the COVID-19 pandemic
- An ER doctor shares lessons in first book, ‘The Beauty in Breaking’
- The impact of white evangelicals on U.S. politics
- Author Elliot Ackerman on 'Red Dress in Black and White'
- The joy and health benefits of gardening
- Fact-checking misinformation about COVID-19
- Author Brit Bennett explores colorism in ‘The Vanishing Half’
- Can anyone fix what ails the United States?