When I was growing up - and to be honest, today - my favorite question was, “Why?” I need to understand what's happening in the world around me so that I can share it with a friend. As an associate producer for MPR News with Kerri Miller, I get to do that every single day. We bring diverse viewpoints and listeners together for powerful conversations about national issues and culture. Nothing is off the table. When I'm not searching for ideas, reading everything I can find, researching the news or finding guests, I'm one of the people taking your calls (Hi!) and writing about the show for MPRnews.org. I'd love to chat with you about what's on your mind, what you want to learn and talk about on the show, and what you're reading. Tweet me @bschossow or email (email@example.com).
- The power of the nonvoter in the 2020 presidential election
- Dan Wilson on songwriting, vulnerability and new Semisonic music
- Minnesota health officials discuss pandemic, take listener questions
- Personal finance in uncertain times
- How our economy — and the pandemic — factor into farm stress
- The Thread: Family responsibility wrapped in a thriller in "My Sister, The Serial Killer"
- The growing science on children and COVID-19
- Native women and access to power
- MPR president Duchesne Drew on MPR News coverage
- What we know about asymptomatic transmission, immunity and COVID-19