Danelle Cloutier is a senior producer at MPR News. They’re a non-binary, award-winning journalist and audio engineer from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, where they worked for CBC Manitoba and helped bring the afternoon show, Up to Speed, to number one in the local market.
They’re trained in both audio engineering and journalism, and love exploring the world and people through immersive audio with the aim of connecting people through stories through the lens of humanity.
They’ve won the Charlie Edwards award for breaking news and the Dick Smyth award for excellence in sound, issued by the Radio Television Digital News Association Canada. They were also part of the team that won the 2021 online media award for their sound engineering work on CBC Podcasts’ White Hot Hate.
- Conversations with 'Power Pairs' who influence Minnesota – and each other
- Sex trafficking in Minnesota: How to spot it, prevent it and intervene
- Lessons about friendship from two prominent Minnesotans
- Helping teachers in Minnesota thrive
- What role can psychedelics play in mental health?
- The healing benefits of getting outdoors
- Will artificial intelligence steal our jobs?
- Improving response to domestic violence in Minnesota
- Inside the Supreme Court’s web designer ruling
- Exploring Minnesota’s natural underground wonders: caves