David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- Minnesotans remember bravery, service, sacrifice, unity on 20th anniversary of 9/11
- What's to come for Minnesota and COVID-19? Here are three theories.
- Census: Major changes for state demographics, politics
- New census data will shake up Minnesota politics
- Key facts about state Rep. John Thompson’s residency issues
- Minnesota lawmakers reach tentative deal on police accountability measures
- Census: Minnesota keeps all 8 U.S. House seats, barely
- Analysis: No, western Minnesota won't leave for South Dakota. Here's why
- Reporter's notebook: What's behind spikes in COVID case, death numbers in Minnesota's latest data release?
- Minnesota offering more energy assistance in wake of severe winter weather