David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- How I read COVID-19 data: A primer from MPR News' data reporter
- Poll: Most Minnesotans support stay-home measures, but state is divided
- Latest MN modeling: Major effect of quarantine is delaying COVID-19 peak, not preventing it
- Pandemic brings fewer drivers, more speeding to Minnesota highways
- Minnesota House GOP plans to block bonding bill until Walz drops emergency powers
- GOP endorses Fischbach to take on Peterson in Minnesota’s 7th District
- New COVID-19 modeling: Social distancing is working in MN — but only if we keep it up
- Big data drives Minnesota's COVID-19 response. Take a look under the hood.
- What the state’s model tells us about Minnesota’s COVID-19 response
- Walz: Staying home is the only vaccine we have right now