David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- Twin Cities wastewater data suggests omicron peak may be past
- Poop surfaces as crucial tool to track Twin Cities COVID
- Latest on COVID-19 in MN: Deadliest stretch yet for those under 65
- Minnesota’s second year of COVID, by the numbers
- COVID drives halt to Minnesota's population growth
- What does the phrase 'The Twin Cities' refer to?
- COVID-19 in MN: Hospital needs hit 2021 highs as surge worsens
- How Jacob Frey won reelection
- Frey wins second term as Minneapolis mayor
- Survey: Many Minnesotans distrust media