David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- Analysis: Are restaurants and bars feeding Minnesota's COVID-19 spread?
- Most MN students buckle up for another stretch of distance learning
- Facts don't support GOP Chair Carnahan's election claims
- Minnesota Senate Majority Leader Gazelka tests positive for COVID-19
- Reporter’s notebook: Understanding COVID-19 case rates over time
- High voter turnout a sign of fraud? Not really
- Biden won big in Minnesota. Why didn’t legislative Democrats?
- By the numbers: Minnesota’s early voting surge continues
- Behind the MN numbers: What election 2016 says about 2020
- Money pours into Minnesota legislative races