David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- COVID-19 in MN: Hospital needs hit 2021 highs as surge worsens
- How Jacob Frey won reelection
- Frey wins second term as Minneapolis mayor
- Survey: Many Minnesotans distrust media
- COVID-19 in MN: Hospitalizations surge outside Twin Cities as cases climb
- Minnesotans remember bravery, service, sacrifice, unity on 20th anniversary of 9/11
- What's to come for Minnesota and COVID-19? Here are three theories.
- Census: Major changes for state demographics, politics
- New census data will shake up Minnesota politics
- Key facts about state Rep. John Thompson’s residency issues