David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- Census: Minnesota keeps all 8 U.S. House seats, barely
- Analysis: No, western Minnesota won't leave for South Dakota. Here's why
- Reporter's notebook: What's behind spikes in COVID case, death numbers in Minnesota's latest data release?
- Minnesota offering more energy assistance in wake of severe winter weather
- Minnesota races for Congress in 2022 could get wild
- Analysis: What's to blame for Minnesota's slow vaccination pace?
- Huge 2020 DFL money edge couldn’t tip Capitol control
- Analysis: Are restaurants and bars feeding Minnesota's COVID-19 spread?
- Most MN students buckle up for another stretch of distance learning
- Facts don't support GOP Chair Carnahan's election claims