David H. Montgomery
David Montgomery is the data reporter for MPR News, focused on using data and visualizations to help the audience understand the 2020 election and other topics.
A generalist at heart, David likes using a range of journalistic tools to tell stories, from traditional reporting to programming to maps and charts.
In his spare time he also writes and produces a podcast about 19th Century France, and is a fan of history, board games and the Chicago Cubs.
This is David’s second time working for MPR News, in addition to stints with outlets including the St. Paul Pioneer Press and CityLab.
He can be found on Twitter @dhmontgomery.
- Money pours into Minnesota legislative races
- Nearly 1.2 million Minnesotans have already voted
- Campaign cash piles up in final stretch
- Nearly 1 million Minnesotans have already voted in November election
- Minnesota absentee voting on record-setting pace
- Unlikely, but possible: How the presidency could hinge on Minnesota
- 2nd District candidate Adam Weeks dies; special election needed
- Sept. 17 update on COVID-19 in MN: School guidance map shifts again
- Federal jury trials set to resume in Minnesota
- Errant email tips off GOP messaging strategy