Elisabeth is a data journalist with APM Research Lab.
Elisabeth (@egawthrop) is a data journalist from Indianapolis. Before joining the Lab (part of MPR’s parent organization, American Public Media Group), she was a reporting fellow for Columbia Journalism Investigations and a freelance data journalist and fact checker. Elisabeth also has a decade of experience in researching and communicating climate science and international development. She holds a bachelor’s in environmental science from Indiana University and master’s degrees in investigative journalism and climate and society from Columbia University.
- The latest on preventing the big three respiratory viruses: COVID, flu and RSV
- Minnesota shifts COVID tracking focus to severe cases
- 'COVID emergency' over but concerns rise over loss of health insurance, mental health among younger Minnesotans
- Anxiety, depression rates stay high as COVID emergencies end
- CDC puts much of Minnesota at low risk of COVID this week
- Metrics show encouraging declines, while older adults continue to be at risk
- National survey, some statewide metrics show Minnesotans seeing less COVID
- Official case reports suggest low COVID circulation in MN, but some readers report much more
- Metrics show less COVID, but we want to hear your experience
- A look at excess deaths during COVID-19, including firearm assaults and malnutrition