Hannah Yang is the southwest Minnesota senior reporter for MPR News. She joined the newsroom in 2019 and has since been covering issues affecting Greater Minnesota from food insecurity to changing demographics.
Before MPR, Hannah was a regional reporter for the Rochester Post Bulletin and the Austin Daily Herald. In 2014 Hannah graduated from Ohio University in Athens, Ohio with her bachelor's in journalism and minor in the Spanish language.
She's a proud second-generation Korean American born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. You can find her on Twitter and Instagram @HannahMYang as well as on Facebook. Email tips and ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flags at half-staff in Minnesota, school resource officers return to some schools
- Lawsuit alleging Minneapolis police targeted journalists heads to trial
- New Ulm Medical Center to close its 10 bed residential addiction services unit
- UAW strikes in the Twin Cities area; early voting in Minnesota
- Surge of interest in K-12 Solar for Schools program
- Edina High School Snapchat threats; New planes for Minnesota Air National Guard
- First-generation college students drive growth at Southwest Minnesota State
- Heat wave in Minnesota; COVID-19 wastewater testing changes
- Stifling heat lifts spirits for Minnesota whiskey makers
- Mankato city park renamed in Dakota language to 'Mni Wašté Park'