I cover a big swath of northern Minnesota for MPR News. The area is rich with stories and voices you won’t hear anywhere else.
My work is focused on everything from the strong Ojibwe culture that surrounds Bemidji, to fatal deer diseases, to just about anything that grabs my interest.
To see more of my work, visit my personal website.
- ‘The Year of the Plague’: The pandemic, through a storyteller’s eyes
- Baseball, gatherings and weddings: Minnesota pulls back on some COVID restrictions
- Minnesota music legend Peter Ostroushko dies at 67
- Carving out a path through the pandemic — and the snow — on Northwest Angle's ice road
- Bemidji pharmacy's first day of COVID vaccinations offers glimpse of hope — and a step toward normalcy
- Paying debts: Months after his COVID-19 death, woman sorts out what her father left behind
- Visit to George Floyd's memorial brings Roseau family to Twin Cities — permanently
- Reporter’s notebook: A search for answers in D.C. brings confusion -- and confirmation
- 'This is the beginning of the end': Bemidji doctor marks months of treating COVID patients with vaccine
- In International Falls, a rejection of backyard chickens