I cover a big swath of northern Minnesota for MPR News. The area is rich with stories and voices you won’t hear anywhere else.
My work is focused on everything from the strong Ojibwe culture that surrounds Bemidji, to fatal deer diseases, to just about anything that grabs my interest.
To see more of my work, visit my personal website.
- Visit to George Floyd's memorial brings Roseau family to Twin Cities — permanently
- Reporter’s notebook: A search for answers in D.C. brings confusion -- and confirmation
- 'This is the beginning of the end': Bemidji doctor marks months of treating COVID patients with vaccine
- In International Falls, a rejection of backyard chickens
- How to holiday: A guide to navigating Thanksgiving and COVID-19
- What democracy looks like: Election Day across Minnesota
- COVID-19 forces some poll workers home during Election Day, as others take their place
- Sanford Health plans to merge with Utah-based healthcare system
- County government is boring by design. National politics are making it less so
- COVID-19 cases tied to MN campaign events — but full impact is unclear