Mike Cronin is a reporter for MPR News and American Public Media's Public Insight Network. In 16 years as a broadcast and print journalist, Cronin has won the Peabody, the duPont and multiple SPJ and Golden Quills awards. He has worked for Bill Moyers, Texas Watchdog and The Arizona Republic, among others. Cronin has investigated issues including clergy sex-abuse in the Roman Catholic Church, nursing-home neglect and Amish investing. He speaks Spanish, which he learned while reporting in Peru and teaching English in Barcelona, Spain. Cronin earned a master's degree in international affairs from Columbia University and a bachelor's degree in politics from Trinity College in Dublin, Ireland.
- Nienstedt, facing claim he touched boy, steps aside during investigation, denies allegation
- Pope names auxiliary bishop for St. Paul and Minneapolis
- St. Paul police will reopen child pornography investigation of priest
- Victims group dismisses archdiocese review of clergy sexual abuse cases as 'nothing but a smokescreen'
- Same-sex marriage in Minnesota: A cross-section of faith communities' approaches