As a reporter for the Street Team, Nicole Ki covers young BIPOC communities, ages 25 and under. Prior to MPR News, Nicole worked as a human rights reporter for the Argus Leader in Sioux Falls, South Dakota where she covered abortion, criminal justice and mental health.
Nicole grew up in the suburbs of Long Island, New York, just an hour away from New York City. Her childhood was split between Long Island and Flushing, Queens, a neighborhood that is largely Chinese. As a Chinese-American journalist, Nicole has a passion for uplifting stories in immigrant communities, often underrepresented in local news.
Follow her on Twitter @_nicoleki or send an email to her about any story ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For 25 years, program has created brotherhood for Black high school seniors
- ChangeMakers: Dr. Angela Kade Goepferd pioneers gender-affirming care for kids
- ‘A gift to Minnesotans:’ Prince’s home state names part of highway after him
- Minnesotans rally to bring awareness to conflict in Sudan
- 'I believe the American dream': Afro Deli & Grill owner celebrates National Small Business Person of the Year title
- U.N. Panel hears Minnesotans' stories of systemic racism in policing and prisons
- Walz proposes spending for repairs, upgrades to Minnesota fish hatcheries
- Duluth authorities investigate fatal fire at East Hillside building
- Golga Oscar brings Alaskan Yup’ik culture to Fashion Week Minnesota
- 'A time to enjoy': Lao, Tamil and Cambodian New Year celebrations begin