- Churchill's first year as prime minister is electric in 'The Splendid And The Vile'
- Love has a ghost of a chance in 'The Regrets'
- 'Processed Cheese' Is Hard To Love — But Easy To Admire
- 'Tightrope' implores America to make changes to save itself
- Brash, bizarre 'Oligarchy' is an unflinching look at troubled young women
- 'Creatures' examines the heartbreak of being human
- Kids these Days ... are reading Nietzsche in the 'Burbs'
- '1973: Rock at the Crossroads' acts as a mirror for one moment in time
- In 'Canyon Dreams,' a Navajo town struggles to survive in an often hostile world
- In 'Christmas in Austin,' family struggles are a gift to readers