- 'Two Feathers' is a flawed but gripping novel of racism in the Prohibition-era South
- No one's telling the truth in Joshua Ferris' new novel — or are they?
- The town that inspired John Steinbeck has a new literary star
- All the moving parts fit together in this smart, emotional debut novel
- Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's rise continues to fascinate in 'Dissent'
- Sebastian Junger tackles the idea of 'Freedom' but arrives at no conclusion
- In 'Facing the Mountain' Japanese-Americans sacrifice for a country that spurns them
- 'Shooting Midnight Cowboy' turns an eye to a dark, problematic masterpiece
- The stories in 'Reality' have some bite
- 'Maniac' recounts deadliest school mass murder in American history