- Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh's rise continues to fascinate in 'Dissent'
- Sebastian Junger tackles the idea of 'Freedom' but arrives at no conclusion
- In 'Facing the Mountain' Japanese-Americans sacrifice for a country that spurns them
- 'Shooting Midnight Cowboy' turns an eye to a dark, problematic masterpiece
- The stories in 'Reality' have some bite
- 'Maniac' recounts deadliest school mass murder in American history
- 'Gay Bar' tracks the wave of a whole culture — and one life
- Legendary director Mike Nichols is as brilliant as he is enigmatic in new biography
- There's not a single off note in 'That Old Country Music'
- 'Ordesa' is a difficult read — but stick with it