- Popular refugee resettlement programs closing under Trump administration
- When everybody wants a piece of 'God's country'
- Trump administration seeking to overhaul forest management rules
- The struggle to hire and keep doctors in rural areas means patients go without care
- On public lands, visitors surge while federal management funds decline
- A 'mainstreaming of bigotry' as white extremism reveals its global reach
- 'An eerie silence' where federal land agency workers are furloughed
- Fast-tracking logging on federal lands may not lessen wildfire risk
- The smoke in Redding, Calif., is so thick you can't see the sun most days
- Rural America faces a crisis in 'adequate housing'