- In 'The Maid,' a devoted hotel cleaning lady is a prime murder suspect
- If a Russian Doll looked into a Black Mirror ... you'd have this novel
- 'The Plot' works as literary satire, but its mystery fizzles
- 'At the End of the World,' an elegant and gritty mystery debut
- Fascinating, messy 'Death In Her Hands' is a portrait of an unraveling mind
- Coincidence distracts from the creeps in 'The Other People'
- 'They Will Drown' isn't a whodunit, it's a who-is-it?
- 'Heaven, My Home' is a complicated place
- A complicated puzzle get closer to solution in 'The Dark Above'
- 'The Sentence is Death' is a bracing addition to any beach bag