- 'Fiona and Jane' is a life-sized story of true friendship
- Granddaughter of cult leader tells her story of escape in 'Sex Cult Nun'
- 'Orwell's Roses' centers on the tensions between beauty and labor, joy and suffering
- 'Unsettled Ground' lets its oddballs stay defiantly odd
- 'The Haunting of Alma Fielding' is a ghost story — and a tale of power and fear
- 'Leaving Isn't the Hardest Thing' isn't just a cult memoir
- Ambition, alchemy and searching for way to fit in 'Gold Diggers'
- In 'Girlhood,' a writer examines her youth for signs of the woman she would become
- The victims, rather than the killer, are at the center of 'Last Call'
- 'White Freedom' examines the tandem development of the concepts of freedom and race