Martha Anne Toll
- Immigration and prejudice, colonialism and inheritance at heart of 'Names for Light'
- A Russian immigrant to the U.S. humorously recounts her experience, love for america
- These stories dance deftly between America and Cameroon
- In 'We Are Bridges,' a writer resurrects her great grandfather's memory
- 'The Impudent Ones' shows signs of future greatness
- Pigeons star in a tale of mining in 'Flight of the Diamond Smugglers'
- Amid violence and tragedy, a library brings hope in 'The Book Collectors'
- In 'The Upswing,' history holds the keys to moving away from today's tumultuous age
- 'Let My People Vote' tells of one man's journey to getting 1.4 million back a voice
- In 'Blood on the River,' the Berbice Rebellion foreshadows later insurgencies