Perry Finelli is a newscaster at MPR News. He has won Associated Press awards for newscasting, news reporting and sports reporting. Finelli joined Minnesota Public Radio in 1986 as an anchor/reporter for stations in central Minnesota. He moved to St. Paul's Minnesota Public Radio headquarters in 1989 as the afternoon newscaster. In between stints as a newscaster, he has hosted all of Minnesota Public Radio's call-in and news magazine programs. He has also served as reporter and editor. Before coming to Minnesota Public Radio, Finelli was a news/sports reporter and anchor at KIMT-TV in Mason City, Iowa. Finelli is from Princeton, Minn. He graduated from St. Cloud State University with degrees in Radio/TV Broadcasting and Political Science and currently serves on the Alumni Advisory Board.
- Today's music: Michael Jackson's historic night included Grammy for kids book
- Twins prospects on view at spring training
- Some "Hot Fun" on a cold winter day
- Johnny Cash's 'Wabash Cannonball' is today's music
- Romney wants Americans to 'turn the page'
- Paul supporters reason with hurricane season
- Vikings look for shovelers to clean out TCF stadium
- Minn. paleontologist set to name new dinosaur species
- Franken proposal protects gay students from bullying
- Target Field scores LEED certification