Host, All Things Considered
Tom Crann is the host of All Things Considered for MPR News. He's been in the host chair since 2005. He has interviewed a wide range of public figures, including Minnesota's members of congress, politicians, experts, writers, and artists. He anchored Minnesota Public Radio's award-winning live coverage of the 35W bridge collapse. He has hosted other special coverage for MPR News, including live coverage of election nights since 2012. He has been a host, producer, and interviewer for Minnesota Public Radio since 1995. His work on MPR News has been recognized with an Eric Severeid award, a regional Edward R. Murrow award, and a National Headliner award. He has also hosted the international cultural broadcasts "Sounds Irish" and "The Last Night of the Proms," a co-production with the BBC. In addition to his work in news, Crann has spent over 20 years hosting and producing classical music and cultural programs at public radio stations around the U.S, and for RTE/Lyric FM in Ireland, where he is still a contributor.
- Short and ever so sweet: Beth Dooley's tips to get the most out of pea season
- There's an NFT conference in town, but not all Minneapolis artists welcome the trend
- Minnesota venues band together to push for tax relief before legislative session ends
- $100 and 23 years later, 2 refugees and a Minnesota stranger reunite
- For Earth Day, University of Minnesota Morris professor collects 'Prayers for a Feverish Planet'
- For Earth Day, preventing food waste in the kitchen
- Rising traffic fatalities 'erasing 15 years of progress in 18 months'
- Relief efforts boost interest in Pysanky and a storied Minneapolis shop
- Dealing with inflation in the kitchen? Put down the chicken breasts
- A Minneapolis community group's response to the rise in fentanyl