Host, All Things Considered
Tom Crann is the host of All Things Considered for MPR News. He's been in the host chair since 2005. He has interviewed a wide range of public figures, including Minnesota's members of congress, politicians, experts, writers, and artists. He anchored Minnesota Public Radio's award-winning live coverage of the 35W bridge collapse. He has hosted other special coverage for MPR News, including live coverage of election nights since 2012. He has been a host, producer, and interviewer for Minnesota Public Radio since 1995. His work on MPR News has been recognized with an Eric Severeid award, a regional Edward R. Murrow award, and a National Headliner award. He has also hosted the international cultural broadcasts "Sounds Irish" and "The Last Night of the Proms," a co-production with the BBC. In addition to his work in news, Crann has spent over 20 years hosting and producing classical music and cultural programs at public radio stations around the U.S, and for RTE/Lyric FM in Ireland, where he is still a contributor.
- Appetites: Move over southern food, what is northern food?
- UMN looks to state for help with tuition shortfall, potential merger fallout
- Father, economist shares view on wage bill for Minnesotans with disabilities
- The secret to making snowplowing more efficient? Let a computer figure it out
- Lawmakers weigh doing away with subminimum wages for Minnesotans with disabilities
- Future of Us: Applauded during the pandemic, now nurses want to be heard
- St. Paul schools to offer Karen language classes
- Weeks after St. Paul police shot and killed Yia Xiong, community members ask for more action
- Appetites: Eric Pham of the Quang Restaurant legacy forges his own path
- St. Paul company brings craft to non-alcoholic beer