Host, All Things Considered
Tom Crann is the host of All Things Considered for MPR News. He's been in the host chair since 2005. He has interviewed a wide range of public figures, including Minnesota's members of congress, politicians, experts, writers, and artists. He anchored Minnesota Public Radio's award-winning live coverage of the 35W bridge collapse. He has hosted other special coverage for MPR News, including live coverage of election nights since 2012. He has been a host, producer, and interviewer for Minnesota Public Radio since 1995. His work on MPR News has been recognized with an Eric Severeid award, a regional Edward R. Murrow award, and a National Headliner award. He has also hosted the international cultural broadcasts "Sounds Irish" and "The Last Night of the Proms," a co-production with the BBC. In addition to his work in news, Crann has spent over 20 years hosting and producing classical music and cultural programs at public radio stations around the U.S, and for RTE/Lyric FM in Ireland, where he is still a contributor.
- In Focus: Stopping anti-Asian American hate in Minnesota
- Local chefs raise awareness of anti-Asian hate with 'Minnesota Rice'
- A tool that prioritizes people for homeless services favored white people. So Hennepin Co. stopped using it.
- Your 2020 tax questions, answered
- After year of trauma, Minneapolis students to return to police-free schools
- 3 things to know about immigrants' contributions to Minnesota's economy
- When can children get the COVID-19 vaccine?
- As gaps emerge, state hires head of vaccine equity
- Your questions about the Chauvin trial, answered
- Afton's Jessie Diggins is first American woman to win cross-country skiing world cup