In the wake of the shooting of Philando Castile, MPR News host Kerri Miller spoke with several guests about the developing situation:
• Ronal Serpas, former police chief of New Orleans and a professor in the Department of Criminology and Justice at Loyola University, New Orleans
• Chuck Samuelson, executive director of the ACLU of Minnesota
• Charles Epp, professor at the University of Kansas
• Tom Nolan, associate professor of Criminology at Merrimack College, former Boston police officer
• Steven Maynard-Moody, director of the Institute for Policy & Social Research and professor in the School of Public Affairs & Administration at the University of Kansas
• Maria Haberfeld, professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice
• Walter Katz, independent police auditor in the City of San Jose
• Craig B. Futterman, clinical professor of law at the University of Chicago Law School
Your support matters.
You make MPR News possible. Individual donations are behind the clarity in coverage from our reporters across the state, stories that connect us, and conversations that provide perspectives. Help ensure MPR remains a resource that brings Minnesotans together.