More paving on Interstate 94 in the west metro will likely be the newest, biggest Twin Cities driving headache this weekend.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation has a full breakdown posted of what to watch out for. Here are the basics.
I-94 Minneapolis to Brooklyn Center
• Starting at 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, all eastbound lanes of I-94 between Minnesota Highway 252 and Shingle Creek Parkway will close for paving work. The ramps at Shingle Creek Parkway to and from eastbound I-94 will also be closed.
• I-94/Interstate 694 to Highway 252 is reduced to two lanes; traffic is switched to the inside shoulder at Shingle Creek bridge, and southbound Highway 252 is reduced to a single lane at I-694.
• The ramp from Third Street to westbound I-394 will be closed starting at 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. Monday.
Interstate 35W at I-94, Minneapolis
• Starting Friday, the ramp from southbound I-35W to 35th Street will be closed through late September.
Minnesota Highway 110, Mendota Heights
• Paving is underway through early October, this will create some short term delays getting through some intersections in the project area while crews are present.
Driving around greater Minnesota this weekend? MnDOT has a map for that.