Five influential economists try to answer these questions: What factors are driving the economic boom, and could it last? What impact will deregulation, tax cuts and protectionist trade policies have? Is the stock market too high?
The first 2018 debate from the Intelligence Squared series features these five economists:
• Stephen Moore, senior fellow of the Heritage Foundation & former economic adviser to President Trump.
• Jason Furman, former chairman of Council of Economic Advisers and senior fellow at the Peterson Institute.
• Gillian Tett, U.S. managing editor of the Financial Times.
• Dambisa Moyo, global economist and best-selling author.
• Simon Johnson, former chief economist of the International Monetary Fund.