In the wake of public condemnation over the arrest of two black men who were waiting at a Starbucks chain in Philadelphia, the company will close more than 8,000 U.S. stores for an afternoon next month to train employees on racial-bias awareness. The Counter Stories hosts explored whether training can help prevent incidents like this, or if the problem is more widespread.
• Mary Anne Quiroz, co-director and co-founder of Indigenous Roots Cultural Arts Center.
• Don Eubanks, assistant professor at Metropolitan State University.
• Anthony Galloway, owner, Umoja Consulting.
• Brandt Williams, MPR News.
• Hlee Lee, a media artist.