Remember what a drag it was last weekend when MnDOT closed that 15-mile stretch of Interstate 35W? The replay starts Friday night.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will again close I-35W between Richfield and Arden Hills for resurfacing and other work.
MnDOT's complete weekend road map has plenty of red this weekend, and there are a lot of big events that may make the road closure even more of hassle.
Here are the basics:
Grow the Future of Public Media
MPR News is supported by Members. Gifts from individuals power everything you find here. Make a gift of any amount today to become a Member!
I-35W in Minneapolis
• Starting 9 p.m. Friday, I-35W will be closed in both directions between Minnesota Highway 62 and Interstate 694. Crews will begin closing ramps for I-35W about one to two hours before closing the interstate.
• Also starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Minnesota Highway 280 will be closed, although both directions of Highway 280 will remain open to local traffic between University and Larpenteur avenues.
• Southbound I-35W from County Road C to southbound Highway 280 will be closed. Westbound Minnesota Highway 36 to southbound Highway 280 will also be closed.
Minnesota Highway 5, near Victoria and Chanhassen
• From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, Highway 5 will have alternating lane and turn lane closures controlled by flaggers between County Road 11 and Minnesota Highway 41. It happens again from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Minnesota Highway 7, Minnetonka to St. Louis Park
• Beginning 7 p.m. Friday, Highway 7 will be reduced to a single lane in both directions between Shady Oak Road and Louisiana Avenue until 5 a.m. Monday.