Remember what a drag it was last weekend when MnDOT closed that 15-mile stretch of Interstate 35W? The replay starts Friday night.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation will again close I-35W between Richfield and Arden Hills for resurfacing and other work.
MnDOT's complete weekend road map has plenty of red this weekend, and there are a lot of big events that may make the road closure even more of hassle.
Here are the basics:
I-35W in Minneapolis
Before you keep reading ...
MPR News is made by Members. Gifts from individuals fuel the programs that you and your neighbors rely on. Donate today to power news, analysis, and community conversations for all.
• Starting 9 p.m. Friday, I-35W will be closed in both directions between Minnesota Highway 62 and Interstate 694. Crews will begin closing ramps for I-35W about one to two hours before closing the interstate.
• Also starting at 9 p.m. Friday, Minnesota Highway 280 will be closed, although both directions of Highway 280 will remain open to local traffic between University and Larpenteur avenues.
• Southbound I-35W from County Road C to southbound Highway 280 will be closed. Westbound Minnesota Highway 36 to southbound Highway 280 will also be closed.
Minnesota Highway 5, near Victoria and Chanhassen
• From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, Highway 5 will have alternating lane and turn lane closures controlled by flaggers between County Road 11 and Minnesota Highway 41. It happens again from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Minnesota Highway 7, Minnetonka to St. Louis Park
• Beginning 7 p.m. Friday, Highway 7 will be reduced to a single lane in both directions between Shady Oak Road and Louisiana Avenue until 5 a.m. Monday.