Update planned next week in case of missing Wisconsin girl

A missing poster for Jayme Closs hangs inside the Barron Community Center.
A missing poster for Jayme Closs inside the Barron Community Center in Barron, Wis., last month.
Evan Frost | MPR News 2018

Authorities in Barron, Wis., are planning to provide an update on their investigation into the apparent abduction of a 13-year-old girl whose parents were killed.

Jayme Closs has been missing since her parents, James and Denise Closs, were found fatally shot in their home on Oct. 15.

Barron County Sheriff Chris Fitzgerald says next week will mark 90 days since authorities believe Jayme was abducted. He plans to update the media on Jan. 15 about new partners and an expanded team that's working to find her.

Fitzgerald says this is still an active case and he'll provide as much information as he can without jeopardizing the investigation.

Detectives have pursued thousands of tips, watched dozens of surveillance videos and spent countless hours searching for Jayme, but their efforts haven't yielded any suspects.

Before you go...

MPR News is dedicated to bringing you clarity in coverage from our reporters across the state, stories that connect us, and conversations that provide perspectives when we need it most. We rely on your help to do this. Your donation has the power to keep MPR News strong and accessible to all during this crisis and beyond.