Derek Montgomery is a freelance photojournalist based in Duluth, Minn.
A former employee of the Duluth News Tribune, Montgomery moved to northern Minnesota in 2007 after graduating from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a degree in journalism and mass communications and political science.
- Drought means low flow to iconic North Shore waterfalls, trouble for fish
- 'They've learned what resiliency is': Football season ends early with COVID dial-back — and a few lessons
- A future of acceptance: Minnesotans share their hopes
- Peace, conservation, compassion: Minnesotans share their hopes for the future
- Photos: Minnesotans gather for Juneteenth
- For protection, care, community: Why these Duluthians wear masks
- Zencast: Zen meditation and the North Shore
- Photos: Quiet spaces in the time of coronavirus
- 'It's magical': On Duluth's backyard rinks, ice time means family time
- Photos: Big Lake Superior waves cause flooding in Duluth