Jeffrey Thompson was a multimedia producer at MPR News. He joined Minnesota Public Radio in July 2009. He is a graduate of the University of St. Thomas, earned a master's degree from the University of Missouri School of Journalism, and has worked as a staff photographer for various newspapers across the Midwest including the Star Tribune in Minneapolis. Jeffrey has also taught photojournalism at the University of St. Thomas as adjunct faculty. Jeffrey's work has been recognized by several organizations including Pictures of the Year International, Best of Photojournalism and the Society of Professional Journalists. When Jeffrey isn't documenting Minnesota, he is spending time exploring the outdoors with his wife and two children.
- Photos: Vikings stadium starts to take shape
- Photos: Inspecting the Lowry bridge -- from the wet side
- Photos: At Senior Games, champion spirit never gets old
- Photos: Classic cars take us back in time
- Photos: An unusual special session
- Photos: It's starting to look like a bridge over the St. Croix
- Photos: For a long-married couple, a bluebird devotion
- Photos: Minnesota Zoo previews rare seal exhibit
- Photos: The quadriga comes home
- Video: Tom Weber learns juggling tricks. Almost.