Larissa Anderson is the senior producer for national Arts & Ideas programming. Anderson joined APM, co-created Wits and Marketplace after honing her radio skills as an intern with American RadioWorks and an assistant producer of programs in the MPR newsroom. She also led the Poetry Radio Project, an initiative that spanned many of APM's national programs including Weekend America, Marketplace, Being, The Splendid Table, Performance Today and The Story. Prior to her life in radio, Anderson taught high school English and taught English to adult language learners. She also was a grant writer, waitress and singer/songwriter. Anderson attended the University of Minnesota where she received her bachelor's degree in English literature. She returned to her alma mater and obtained her master's degree in English education. A native and current resident of Minnesota, Anderson likes to hang out with her family and practice yoga.
- What does Adam Levy think of the songs?
- Meet the lyricist
- In the land of 10,000 hockey players, gay athletes gain momentum
- After 30 years, an interview with mom
- How street signs turn drivers into donors
- 'Lessening Fear Through Creativity'
- How to solve a family crisis the democratic way
- Songwriting in earnest
- The bands record their Afternoon Songs
- The bands get the lyrics