Melanie Sommer is the managing editor of online for MPR News. She joined MPR in 1995, as a manager of the news department. She became one of Minnesota Public Radio's two online news editors in November 2000. She came to Minnesota Public Radio from Wisconsin Public Radio in Madison, Wis., where she worked for eight years as morning host and news anchor, and was news director for two years. Sommer and her husband live in the Twin Cities area with their three daughters, even though they remain diehard cheeseheads.
- Audio: Michele Bachmann, in her own words
- Surly Brewing to build new facility in Minneapolis' Prospect Park area
- Sanford withdraws from Fairview merger talks
- Butcher & the Boar gets James Beard nomination
- Some good economic signals; health care via webcam; photos of January in Minnesota
- Mayo's expansion plans, Dayton's job creation claims, and the newest food trends
- The DFL outlines its priorities; some suprises and snubs in the Oscar nominations
- Flu claims another teen; efforts underway to reduce sex trafficking; expecting Minn. tax increases?
- MPR News Update: Who's better at plowing? Businessman tapped to lead MnDOT
- Wish lists coming early to DFLers, movie business ramping up again in Minn.