Reporter, Native News
Melissa Olson is a reporter for MPR’s Native News Project.
She is a recent contributor to the North Star Journey Series — stories about the resilience of Indigenous, Black, and people of color throughout Minnesota.
Melissa is a recent graduate of the arts and public policy program at NYU’s Tisch School for the Arts. She lives in Minneapolis.
Tweet her @mizzilina.
- With origin stories and modern Indigenous cuisine, a new chef comes to Minneapolis
- Lower Sioux Community explores reconciliation through an 'honor tax'
- Leech Lake Band of Ojibwe formalizes adult-use recreational cannabis on its tribal lands
- From Barbie to Snoop, artists shape seeds into Minnesota State Fair favorites
- Minnesota Now Aug. 30, 2023
- For Minnesota State Fair crop art fans, seeding is believing
- Immunization rates are up in Red Lake schools. This nurse led the way
- Darryl Strawberry credits Saints, St. Paul fans for returning his joy of baseball
- White Earth Nation to begin recreational marijuana sales Thursday
- 'It's about time': Celebration marks Red Lake Nation’s recreational cannabis dispensary opening