Phil Picardi is a newscaster for MPR News, and occasionally fills in as Morning Edition host when Cathy Wurzer is away. He also produces the MPR News Update, a daily podcast summarizing the top stories of the day. His duties include compiling, writing and delivering newscasts, and writing news banner headlines and news stories for air later in the day. He's been in broadcasting for 25-plus years, doing public radio news in Missouri, Virginia, Wisconsin, and now, for the past decade, here in Minnesota. Phil grew up in St. Louis, Mo. and graduated from the University of Missouri-St. Louis. He reads non-fiction and knows all kinds of obscure facts about the American Civil War. He also watches way too much football. Phil likes most musical genres but cannot carry a tune or remember lyrics.
- Parting Thoughts: Remembering Manuel Cervantes
- In wake of Minnesota Supreme Court ruling, lawmakers take up changes to sexual assault laws
- Uncovering Minnesota's widest daily record temperature spreads
- A frigid week in Minnesota
- An unusually warm June so far
- Minn. Dreamer reacts to Supreme Court decision on DACA
- Golden Valley mayor, City Council apologize for history of discrimination in city
- What should happen to the murals and other street art honoring George Floyd?
- Commissioner Paul Schnell: Prisons, jails preparing for 'high likelihood' of COVID-19 cases
- Yacht brings AI-infused album to First Avenue on Tuesday